Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Handmade Home: It's clutch


It's gradually starting to feel like fall here in sunny California. There are subtle changes that tip you off, like it being a little darker in the morning time, or cooling off a little sooner in the evening; then out of nowhere it's 90 degrees and the sun is once again high in the sky.

To help cope with the small seasonal transitions, it helps to really embrace the change by changing what you embrace...


How I am dealing with the seasonal disorientation is by making myself some new clutch purses that would go wonderfully paired with an autumn inspired outfit. I found the fabric at Joann's of all places on a lunch break. I was pretty impressed.


The first clutch I made was envelope style, with a gold magnetic closure. I used a bit of peach cotton for the lining. (I know peach is more of a summer color, but I can't completely disengage from the weather)

The second clutch was a simple rectangle. I simply love this burlap with it's shining gold polka dots, to accentuate that bit I added a simple gold charm. I also discovered that Martha Stewart now has a line of charms and beads, some were so so but these little golden pine cones and acorns were a must... and they were on sale.


My third clutch, is more of a pouch quite frankly. I dipped in to my metal zipper stash and created a nice small pouch that would easily fit your phone, ID, and lip gloss. My favorite feature is that I created it with two separate pockets and a hole down the interior so you can slip it over your favorite belt, and voila! Hands free carry all!!

This is my solution for fanny packs (which I totally still love by the way, and I'm not ashamed for one second). I originally wanted something easy that would hold all my small, can't leave the house without, items so I could toss them in my bike's basket. It evolved in to a belt pouch.


So there they are, my first three new fall accessories. I have more styles and prints that I'm excited to use, so I hope you don't mind but there are more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...