Thursday, October 17, 2013

Found



In the spirit of Halloween, I am going to share some creepy crawlies and remains. Above are some of my bugs that I've found around the house, and yes that is an enormous black bee. 

Sorry in advance if this is ultra weird but I think there is something quite peaceful and beautiful the following...



This dove was on a street in downtown Los Angeles, it must have recently passed, it's so rare you have the opportunity to really look closely at a delicate bird. I thought it was really quite stunning.


 Beach bone.


Jaw bones, found on the side of my house. I googled them, I think they may be possum, but Ben is pretty convinced that they're from a cat. Wow, now that I think of it, my house plot may have a curse.


Pismo beach praying mantis.


Pismo beach bird wing. And that's all I have for you today. Again if this was exceptionally gross to anyone, my apologies, but I stand by the post. Happy almost Halloween!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Poor dove :( LOVE the first pic! I have a mounted butterfly and would love more, I just try to make sure they were humanely and sustainably collected :)

    jess
    Quaintrelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. no worries here - we have a moth on a pin & an intact frog skeleton displayed with feathers and nests. Never thought to keep all the "regular dead" bugs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...