Monday, October 28, 2013

Book Report Inspiration: Printable Halloween Bookmarks



I have a confession to make. I'm bad about bookmarks. I use gum wrappers and old post-its, sometimes pencils or unused kleenexes, and those fake American Express cards that always come in the mail. But wait. It gets worse, dear readers. I dog-ear pages. All. The. Time. There are only things that will deter me from my normal course of action: if the book is borrowed (then it's a post-it or gum wrapper for sure) or if the book is very old or delicate. But otherwise, all bookmark bets are off. It would seem I have no respect for the sanctity of the printed word. It's a bleeding shame. 

Well, I decided your books don't have to suffer the same fate as mine (sometimes I use them as coasters), so I've made some nice, flat, non-junk mail Halloween bookmarks. You can open and print the template through Google docs and hey, it's free.




I made my test bookmarks from black construction paper--because that's how I roll--which actually looks rather purple in this picture. Can you see the bat's feet sticking out the top? That means the page is marked. The test was a success!



The quote on the bat-mark is, of course, from Bram Stoker's Dracula, the quote on the zombie hand is from Stephen King's Pet Sematary, and the coffin quote is from Poe's "The Raven."And if you're wondering why the coffin is not composed of entirely straight lines, it's because I drew everything and cannot make a straight line to save my life. Even with a ruler, people. It's sad, really. 

Click here for the Halloween bookmarks via Google Docs.

And if you're in need of more Halloween inspiration--who isn't?--visit our Halloween page for costume and decoration ideas, as well as suggestions for spooky and unexpected Halloween music.

1 comment:

  1. I am aghast at your tales of book abuse! tsk tsk! And now that I have chastised you, can I ask a favour? I love love love your bookmarks, but for my 8yo (who also should be jailed for dog-eared pages), they'd be great without the creepy quotes.... Any chance you'd consider issuing a blank set? puh-leeeese?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...