So I had this really great step-by-step tutorial on how to make a pillow using a fern. HAD. Then my computer broke and the folks at Apple are having the trickiest time fixing it. Because of all of this, I lost every one of my pictures. Luckily, I instagram enough and texted Christine some updates. I gathered some sword ferns from the Evergreen Forest when Nick and I went mushroom hunting...
I picked up some Martha Stewart acrylic paints I used Wild Salmon in the satin finish. I carefully placed two ferns and then, using a paintbrush, dabbed on paint around the fern outline.
Some of the fern dust got on the fabric, but it blew away with a good huff & puff. You can use your paintbrush and fill in any spots that look like there should be paint. After the ferns were outlined, I painted the rest of the front of the pillow.
Never one to be left out, Peanut decided to help and painted her paw when she trounced through the project site.
|Evidence=Wild Salmon paw.|