Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter walk around Browne's.

All right. I know that things have been pretty winter and snow heavy on the blog over the past couple of days, but what can I say? It's hard to get away from the snow...especially when my neighbors (usually seen from a distance while they smoke on the porch) have been knocking on my kitchen door (formerly reserved for visiting Mormon missionaries) to ask if they can park behind me in my driveway. Sigh. Yes! Now, let me roam my apartment in my giant sweatshirt and two pairs of pajama pants in peace. Cripes, people.


I did drag myself out of the apartment for a pre-lunch trek around Browne's Addition. It turned into a 2-hour walk, where I encountered firetrucks coming to the rescue at the woman's rehab place (housed in a swell old mansion {with white columns}), so very much yellow snow, and a woman who was taking a picture of a giant snowman--a snowman that I also intended to photograph. I had to say, "I see we had the same idea.", so that it wasn't completely weird when I paused to take a picture of the same snowman like 48 seconds after she walked away. It was still a little weird. The snowman turned out to be a bit of a disappointment.


So, Catherine asked to see some pictures of the snow. It's not as bad as 2008, but I'd guess we maybe have six or seven inches. I don't know. I'm not great at eyeballing things like depths and distances. Without further ado...snow pictures.


In Coeur d'Alene Park, just a couple blocks from my
apartment. Also, it's the oldest park in Spokane. 

Here's the gazebo in the middle of the park.

And a planter.

This is growing around the planter. I have no earthly
idea what it might be. Mom would know.

Looking across the park to the Patsy Clark mansion.

And here's the front of Patsy Clark's.

Browne's Addition ends at this cliff. There's a trail that goes down to
Latah Creek. If you look closely, you can see a train crossing the bridge.

This is the supposedly photogenic snowman. Doesn't look so hot now.
Kind of reminds me of a swarthy sea captain.

This snowman, or snow-woman, was better.

I ended my walk at the Museum. This is The Navigators, by Brad Rude.

This is the Campbell House. For those of you who might not be familiar
with Spokane, the Campbell House is part of the Museum.

The fountain and gazebo behind the Campbell House.

Now I'm going to spend the rest of the day trying to get warm again. Why did I stay outside so long? What am I, like six? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...