Sunday, November 7, 2010

Four and three and two and one.

Before I get to the items I found at estate sales yesterday, I'm going to take a little detour to say that I discovered my Licensed to Ill cd on Friday and have been listening to it since. How did I forget about the Beastie Boys? It's a travesty. But don't worry, the crisis has been averted and the Beasties have been added to my ipod. Hey neighbors, you'll finally get a break from my Halloween mix (which was recently pumped up with some additions from Dan {Examples? Sure. Bing Crosby singing "The Headless Horseman", Danny Elfman's "Main Titles/ End Titles" from Beetlejuice, and the footsteps of Godzilla}).


Anyway.


After listening to the Beastie Boys for three days straight, I've got some blog titles wandering around the old brain, you know, bumping into neuroreceptors and stuff. I guarantee that after Christmas there's going to be a blog titled: The girl is crafty like ice is cold. I mean, that'll be easy to write. But the real question is this: will I be able to write Deliver Colonel Sanders down to Davey Jones' Locker?
I don't know, I really don't.


On to the estates!


Everything a girl needs for homemaking.

I question the abilities of the artist. I mean, it looks
like this bird's face was eaten by a suckerfish.

I am going to make some fancy-ass bows...hopefully.

$1.00? Maybe in 1982. Try 25 cents. Slammer!

A suede purse, which does not smell super-old. How does that even happen?

 An ornament of knitting paraphernalia in a walnut shell. Great in theory...and then
Matilda plucks it from a shelf and deposits it on my bed. Prompting me to say:
"F, Matilda! There are pins in this!"
 
This coat was 99 cents. The label claims to have 33% cotton, but it feels aggressively polyester to me. Still, 99 cents.

You know I am, always.

1 comment:

  1. Look at all the Christmas presents for me!! Oh how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...