Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Peanut & Purls: Winter Knits


It's almost December which means that Christmas is coming. As I'm sure you've noticed from a gazillion other posts, my sisters and I tend to gift handmade treasures as much as possible. Even though I have almost a month before Christmas, I really need to get-to-getting on some knitting projects. I recently increased my stash...

 Last week I instagrammed about my Saturday spent sipping spirits from Portland's finest distilleries.  While in Portland, I looked up a promising local yarn store called Twisted. I found lots of soft fibers that will knit up into (what I hope to be) perfect presents.


This lovely deep purple blend is Madelinetosh, Tosh Merino Light. The color is called black currant, which I think suits this yarn perfectly. I'm planning on making some nice little socks with this, but I'm not sure what pattern to use.


This blue beauty is another Madelinetosh yarn. The color is called baltic, again, great name!


For a lace look, I picked up the Malabrigo lace in Polar. I have to say, polar doesn't seem to fit as nicely as black currant and baltic. I would be thrilled if this was called narwhal. Now wouldn't that be something? The Malabrigo lace is 100% baby wool, and who doesn't love baby wool? The only thing I love more than baby wool is baby alpaca, but then again, I have a thing for alpacas. 

Unfortunately, I can't share the details of this project...wait until January my friends--then all will be revealed!


No yarn inventory session would be complete without Peanut making an appearance to "help" me. She loves to help with yarn winding, as previously documented.

Take a look at some of our past handmade Christmas gifts!

...just to name a few

Also, in case you were wondering, my nail polish is OPI's James Bond Skyfall line, and it's appropriately named The World is Not Enough. I bought this on Sunday, painted my nails that night, and went to see Skyfall on Monday. Let me just tell you...Skyfall. Is. Amazing. I liked it more than Lincoln, and that's saying something.

1 comment:

  1. I agree about narwhal. That would be a ridiculously good name for that yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...