Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Make: $5 Dress


Typical little weekend for me in Burbank. I went for a walk up to Portos to procure some delicious breakfast foods, and ended up sifting through thrift store garments. Lucky for me, (and not so lucky) I found some things. To be honest I have, in the past, been notorious for buying garments that I have every intention of altering to my specifications, (to take something from being a little off putting, to a fit to delight over) and sat on them for years, and years, and years, to present day. This weekend was different, I actually bought a dress and altered it the same day, what do you think...?


I adored the sweet blue and white stripes, and it was an easy alter because the dress really had a great classic shape to it. I just wanted to hem up the skirt and make it a bit younger.


The stars really aligned when I found the extra button sewn in to the skirts hem, hidden away for me to someday make a cute little belt with (oh, and that day was Sunday).


I can't take credit for the pleating on the skirt, but I really do love it.


I decided to add a little broach to sass up the ensemble, thank you again thrift store!


Two darling dogs and one fantastic five dollar dress; see what a difference a little hem adjustment can make. What was the quote from Empire Records, "...I swear you get smarter the shorter your skirt gets", must be true because I feel pretty smart in my new budget friendly outfit.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS! I have the same addiction to thrift store items and have a few bags of clothing I have moved with countless times but cannot seem to get rid of them...most the time it's because I love the fabric pattern and promise myself I will find a good use for it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...