Sunday, December 5, 2010

Today was a good day.

I was out and about for a bit today, going about my secret business. Well, not so secret. I worked in the morning, went to an estate sale after lunch, and then bought some Minnetonka slippers in the afternoon. Good day, right?

These slippers! I'm currently wearing them and am in love.
I'm also trying to figure out a plan that would enable me to
wear these to work. Subterfuge would play a large part.

All the secret stuff has happened between then and now. I took some pictures and all will be revealed in just a couple of days. I'm thinking Wednesday-ish. For now, I'm going to offer up some Christmas treats for your viewing pleasure. I found these little wonders at an estate sale, probably a month and a half ago. How did I manage to keep them secret, keep them safe for so long? It was all part of my master plan...

These vintage Christmas candles are carefully wrapped in wax paper.
And believe me, between the vintage wax paper and the vintage
candles, this box and everything in it smells pretty much
like old wax. Not my favorite scent.

Ta-da! Vintage Christmas candles.

There are four choirboys total.

One little guy in an igloo.

One chapel (one tiny choirboy). One Virgin Mary?

Six reindeer. One tree.

Only one Rudolph.

One slightly surprised, yet jolly, Santa.

Of course, I could never burn these candles--which makes me wonder what, exactly, is their purpose? I imagine the woman who owned them probably arranged them on a dresser with angel hair. Every year the same careful arrangement. Or maybe she scattered them around the house. She'd put the choirboys in the kitchen, on a window ledge over the sink (next to a Christmas cactus!). The reindeer would sit on top of the television. The Virgin Mary on the nightstand. The sparkly tree on the counter in the bathroom. The chapel on a bookshelf. And the Santa on the telephone table (because she definitely had one). A place for everything and everything in its place.

P.S. No falls today. And that's all I'm going to say on that subject--I don't want to tempt fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...