Friday, December 17, 2010

Oh, Tannenbaum. Oh, oh, oh, Tannenbaum.

There's a tiny rap and dance that goes along with this. It involves a lot of exaggerated shoulder shrugs and a hyped-up rappy voice. But you'll never hear it because it's only for me and Matilda in the living room. This is our Christmas tree decorating jam and it has a definite shelf life. Really, I could only stand it for about two minutes, and then we moved on to the real decorating dance party, during which I dance and decorate and Matilda watches me and then sleeps. It's a lot of fun for one of us.

Two seconds before this she took a swipe at an ornament.
It was mini-bad.
So, I have a tree. Just a little 'un, but it's de-grinching me a smidgen. I listened to Christmas music for most of yesterday and ate those cookies and watched the Christmas episode of 30 Rock, but today when I'm doing the actual decorating, it's all David Bowie, and Ludacris, and Elvis (Bossa Nova Baby {best dance song ever!}), and Hot Chip, and Cab Calloway, and Dessa, and MIA, and Cee Lo and so on. As much as I love it, I just couldn't dance party to The Judds' What Child is This.

Tiny table tree

She was only sniffing, not biting.
Budgie
Rooster
We'll revist when I have everything assembled. And for the record, I'm going to keep putting up decorations until I have the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future hanging out in the kitchen with me, drinking gin and tonics and eating spice drops. I can feel it almost happening already...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...