Thursday, December 16, 2010

Ich liebe lebkuchen!

One of my favorite couples gave me a little Christmas present! This is the same couple who had me over for Thanksgiving in the middle of a snowstorm and who watched Matilds when I went home for Mom's party. Needless to say, they're some of the nicest people I know.

Lebkuchen!
Cookies, and German jam, and a Christmas toy for Matilda (with catnip, floofy feathers, and a bell). She jingled it on the floor of my bedroom while I tried (in vain) to fall asleep last night. As you might imagine, it was all very merry.

And they're hearts. To be honest, I came late to the game with lebkuchen.
 It's one of the many foods I didn't always love--sharing the honor
with lettuce, rice, onions, tomatoes, avocados, and green olives.
I have, however, always been partial to brussel sprouts.

Sweet little spritz cookies. 
Many thanks to Dennis and Betty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...