Stuff that happened in California in no particular order:
1. Monika made soy chorizo breakfast sandwiches with tomatoes and avocado, and Ben made bruschetta and asparagus/tofu stir fry (not on the same night).
2. Someone gave Mom wine...more than once (It was Monika and Ben!).
3. Mom and I met and instantly loved Jim Simone.
4. We saw Kevin Spacey on the Santa Monica pier.
5. We ate from a Mexican fusion gourmet taco truck in the middle of an L.A. windstorm.
6. Animatronic prehistoric beasts were enjoyed.
7. I let Monika and Ben's dogs, Olive and Lucca, lick me--that's a big deal right there.
8. Succulents were pilfered (by Monika, shhhh).
9. We sat in the living room and read a short story from Alfred Hitchcock presents: Stories NOT for the Nervous (purchased by me at Illiad Bookshop).
10. Mom, Monika, and I touched some sea creatures. We'll get into that tomorrow...