Wednesday, April 27, 2011

bee's knees

Um, I was going to write a post apologizing for not posting as frequently as I ought, and within this post I was going to level an accusation at Monika for also contributing to blog stagnation, but then she went and posted last night and my blame deflection tactic is all scrambled to hell. 


Oh well, how can I expect to sustain any degree of frustration when she wrote about a topic near and dear to my heart? Bee carcasses! I only wish I'd discovered this interest in bees pre-2004, say around the time those bees moved into the wall of our garage. There was a mountain...well, a hillock of bee bodies available for the collecting and only slightly covered in pesticide. All tumbling out from behind the drywall, mounding up behind the boxes of Christmas wrapping paper. Such a pity.


Also, how can I be mad at Monika who, like me, hesitates before picking up a public puppet? I just can't fault someone with that kind of instinct. Mom, on the other hand, dives right in.




Marine Puppet Theater at the Ty Warner Sea Center





I think they're acting out a scene from Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus. Obviously, Monika is playing Debbie Gibson's part, and since there doesn't appear to be another lady in this film--why would there be?--that leaves Lorenzo Lamas to Mom. Sorry, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...