Thursday, January 30, 2014

Made & Found: Weirdo Valentines

Just kidding. Please don't.

I decided I was going to kiss off on the traditional cutesy valentines cards this year, so I made some weirdo black and white valentines...you know, because I'm kind of a weirdo sometimes. I selected sentiments from conversational candy hearts and applied my Addams Family filter (minus black roses and pictures of scabs) to create these creepy (but sweet?) endearments...





I used PicMonkey's free editing and design tools to manipulate background, text, color, and hearts until I was satisfied.* If you'd like to make your own, PicMonkey has special Valentine's Day themes, including heart shapes, arrows, cupids, flowery backgrounds...I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

You could also go my route and make use of the Halloween themes. Or, if you don't have the time or inclination to create your own valentines, feel free to print and use mine. Here's a link to the PDF on Google Docs. Each valentine is a 4.75 inch square and would probably show up best on a light colored cardstock.

*PicMonkey didn't sponsor this post or anything, if you're wondering. We are nowhere near that fancy.

2 comments:

  1. these are great! I especially love the first one! I am the complete opposite - I go all out with the hearts and pinks and girly stuff :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Em! I broke down and made some nice valentines too. Valentine's Day isn't Valentine's Day unless you're cutting out paper hearts.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...