Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Peanut and Purls: Dovetail Cowl


I'm guest posting for Catherine this week. I have a couple knitting projects that need a little blog time and Catherine is currently between projects (except for my scarf, which is still in progress). Hmm, maybe I should make her write my book report posts. Let's abandon that thought for the moment.

Before Second Christmas, Mom started dropping hints about how she really loves the knitted cowls from Catherine and Monika, but would like a brown one to...I don't know, go with her brown clothes? So, I found an interesting pattern on Ravelry and some lovely Eco Alpaca by Cascade Yarns at Paradise Fibers, my AMAZING local fiber store and...


The pattern is called Dovetail Cowl by Carina Spencer. It was simple to follow and looks much more complex than it really is: perfect! Carina has several lovely patterns, which feature both written as well as charted instructions. You know, for those knitters skilled enough to read a charted pattern. Catherine is one. I am not. Anyway, Carina is adorable and so are her patterns. You can visit her website: Carina Spencer: Original Designs for Hand-Knitting, and if you buy three or more patterns, you'll receive a 10% discount. Isn't that nice?


Mom seems to be quite fond of her new cowl--at least, she tells me she's wearing it and has received several compliments from people at school. Yes, let them covet the cowl. It's all part of my master plan to begin a knitting empire by selling cowls to teachers at the local elementary school. It will be an empire built on arthritis in my fingers.


Sadly, I don't usually remember to include my knitting assistant, Matilda, in my finished and process pictures. Rest assured: she assists in everything I knit...and do. You'll know this to be true once you receive a knitted gift and find little black hairs clinging persistently to the baby alpaca fibers. Matilda just wants her fibers to be mixed with the fibers of other animals. She's very inclusive that way. Plus, look at her floofy skunk belly!


You can follow me on Ravelry, if you're so inclined, and Catherine as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...