Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Brief Musical Interlude: Bat for Lashes


Where Robyn is my Brit dance pop crush and Solange is my sweet newcomer crush, Natasha Khan (aka Bat for Lashes) is my haunting synth dream crush. Five years ago I fell in love with "What's a Girl To Do"--mostly because my bat lightning heart wants to fly away--but also, it doesn't hurt that Jon Hamm has a crush on her, as evidenced in the "Would you rather?" segment of this episode of Comedy Bang! Bang! (Be warned: it's explicit and hilarious.)

You can read about Natasha's new album, The Haunted Man (which is truly terrific), in Pitchfork's wonderful article, "Glitter in the Dark." (Spoiler alert: they tour the Roald Dahl Museum in Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire!) I read the article after listening to her new album and watching several of her new videos (like the one above, "All Your Gold") and found that it deepened my feelings about the music. Plus, I so dig her semi-creepy dance moves--in my eyes, a combination of flag-twirling arm and Black Lodge Twin Peak-sian body movements. Love her. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...