Thursday, July 5, 2012

Under the Sea. Up in the Air.

Okay, so Christine is a Master Felter, and being a sister, I get to benefit from her skills on birthdays and Christmas. She has made me a manta ray, colossal squid, and sperm whale; I decided to combine these marine-themed felted wonders and create a maritime mobile to brighten up my mornings.

I used an old embroidery hoop and wrapped fabric to create the mobile and made a couple additional sea accoutrements to round it out.








Pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and if you would like to check out any of the other amazing felted wonders on the blog just click on the word 'felted' in the tag line. There were really too many great ones to put all the links in the post, but I did have to add one special link to a felted Narwhal that Christine made for Catherine last year. This one made it to the post because, you know, it falls in with the theme. Best check it out.


9 comments:

  1. The felted squid might be the greatest thing to ever be created in the history of mankind. (This might by hyperbole.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not hyperbole at all, KB. I used pipe cleaners for the tentacles, so they are--wait for it--MOVEABLE.

      Delete
  2. I am madly in love with this mobile!
    How many mobiles can a baby have? I think I need to have more babies.
    I am currently making a mobile out of baby sock monkeys... I will post it on my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Catarina! I think babies should have mobiles for miles and miles. I'm excited to see how you mobile turns out. :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhhh! I love it!! I love sea creatures, and this is just too cute!! I love the whale, and the little jellyfish you made to go with them is adorable, he's so tiny! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to get into felting with wool! These look adorable! Sadly, my subconscious probably expects mine to turn out like your beautiful animals on the first try! Haha! Great job! They look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, CB! The thing that I've found most helpful while felting animals is to look at lots of pictures. Plus, if you felt lightly at first and things seem to be taking a disastrous turn, you can just pull the offending pieces out without too much trouble. I should probably mention that not all my felted animals turn out so well. I'm certainly not putting the rejects on display for the whole world to see... Good luck with your projects! :)

      Delete
  5. Multitechguide has been sharing the best research information available in the area of technology. We feature Tech Trends, Tips of Technology, and explore to tech innovative products. Keep up to date on the latest developments in the tech industry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...