Sunday, October 23, 2011

the red & the black


A Moment's Shelter by Steven James Morris 

I'm captivated by these prints from Steven James Morris. The sharp-edged graphics and limited color palette make these images pop like whoa. They're perfect for the season...a little Halloween fairy tale dread, a little stark winter wonderland, and a lot of yes please, I would like to own these. 

Uh-oh, a rhyme slipped in there. Totally unintentional, I assure you. 

Finer Living in a Lower Heaven by Steven James Morris

Pack of Wolves Running Through the Forest by Steven James Morris

Waves on Winter Rolling by Steven James Morris

A Reception of Accident with the Woodland King's Court
by Steven James Morris

Many of these prints are taken from or inspired by a graphic novel Morris is working on. Cool, huh? His illustrations have also graced the covers of several publications by Dark Horse Comics.
Um, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, anyone? I'm looking at you, KB.
You can see more by Steven Morris on his
blog
website
etsy store

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't comment on this at work, which made me very stabby (perfect for the Halloween season). However, I wanted to say that any day with a mention of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (with some awesome illustrations) is a little better (unless I am unable to comment, which just makes things a little worse).

    ReplyDelete
  2. KB, I'm sorry you were put into a stabby mood. I think you should be able to do whatever you want when you want. At. All. Times.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...