Friday, July 29, 2011

Sick and listening to The Judds

I'm sick. I've been sick all week.  I've missed an entire work week.  To be fair, I did go into work for a whole 2 hours this morning before calling it quits.  My voice is almost gone, and I still have a nasty dry cough.  I keep thinking about The Little Mermaid.  Not that I constantly compare myself to Ariel or anything, but remember when she trades her voice and mermaid flipper for legs?  Yeah, me too.

I watched more movies and slept more this week than I have in ages.  The Redbox needs to get some new material already.  Nobody wants to watch The Game anymore.  The last two days I was able to actually sit-up in bed and do a little bit of knitting while I watched movies.

The wet dolphin sweater is coming along nicely.  I finished up a couple of other projects that were just sitting around.

I call this project, "It's very difficult to keep the line between the past and present."  It will always be the scarf I knit when I went back to Minnesota for my grandmother's funeral.  Some people might find that macabre, but I find it really comforting.


I also finished a cabled-cowl that I started in early spring.  It'll be ready come fall/winter.

Cabled-cowl closeup. 

I also finished my Icelandic couch blanket...but that will be for another post.  It's that monumental!


Baby just me and you, rockin' with the rhythm of the rain...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...