Wednesday, July 27, 2011

nest and hive

I made a quick trip to Tacoma this weekend and while I was there, I helped Mom take down a yellow jacket hive from the roof of the hay shed. Here's how I spent my Sunday morning...

There it is, in all its giant splendor. 

Little did I know the yellow jackets were still hanging out in there while I was taking pictures. Uh-oh. 

Mom wielded the manure fork and I caught the hive with a shovel. Teamwork!

This lovely nest was right below the hive. No surprise, that it's abandoned.

I wandered around the pasture while Mom messed with the horses. 

We ate her first two tomatoes!

And Mom and I went to an estate sale where the guy had made these storage drawers out of a bunch of old oil cans. 

The pictures are a little blurry, but I was super-impressed by this guy's craftiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...