Monday, July 29, 2013

Previously, in Christine's life...


When I last wrote, I was getting ready to move from Spokane to Tacoma. Remember how I was shirking my blogging duties so much? Well, that move happened. This picture was my last view of Spokane as I drove off down the interstate. Oh, it makes me a little sad looking at it now!

I do miss my Spokane apartment and people quite a bit, but I don't regret the move one bit. Sometimes you just need a change...even if that change isn't so much of a change as it is a leap back to your life at twenty when you lived with your mom and were trying to figure things out...

Which is to say that I'm living at home with Mom while trying to figure things out. Is this just something that my generation does? Because it seems like everyone I know is in the exact same place. Could be that the whole crop of babies born in 1980 is just tainted with "reevaluate while sleeping in your old bed at Mom's house" syndrome.

And just so you don't think I've completely lost it, I should mention that I'm working in the HR department of a local university, writing a tiny bit, and thinking, thinking, thinking about what to do next. Now for a little mish-mash catch up!


I've been communing with nature in the woods and garden behind the house, resulting in lots of vegetables--only two of those being radishes (I've since decided that radishes are the brattiest vegetables)--lots of baby spiders, flowers, and near misses between mini-balloons and cactus.

On the crafting front: I made a TON of tissue paper flowers and tassels for a baby shower Catherine was attending. The paper tassels tutorial I used is from Linen, Lace, & Love. It was pretty simple after I mastered the technique, and I have to say, I think the results were awesome. (My only advice is that if you decide to work with the gold foil paper, do so in a well-ventilated area. I think its chemical smell severely impacted my brain cells for the rest of the day.)


Same goes for the paper flowers. I've made them for several parties and events, and they are always a huge hit. My go-to tutorial for the flowers is from Rust & Sunshine. Seriously, you need to put these skills in your repertoire. It's a minimal effort for a major impact.

You can see my dirty garden tennis shoe in this picture! 

And I've been busily collecting nature treasures, of course. I recently found the remnants of a butterfly-bird encounter!


While we sisters were away, we spent some time talking about new directions, projects, and general changes for the blog. Some you might notice this week and others will be implemented over the next couple of months. It's nothing too drastic--just a function of us evolving the blog along with our lives. As before, we hope to blog six days a week, Monday--Saturday, and will have a posts from each of the sisters on different days. We're definitely excited to return, to catch up with everyone in our online community, and to embark on new adventures. Thanks for sticking with us, and keep checking in this week to see what else we sisters have been up to!

2 comments:

  1. I'm super excited that you guys have started blogging again! And I love all those paper flowers :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...