Thursday, June 14, 2012

in good company

Have you ever turned on your computer to write a post about some awesome secret amazingness, and you open up your gmail to find your Bloglovin daily feed has a blog featuring the exact item you were thinking about posting on? Isn't that always the way? Oh well. Rather than deviate from my original plan, I'm just going to acknowledge it and revel in the good company.

I've been swooning over the work of Lucky Jackson of 365 Lucky Days for a couple months now, but apparently, I was way too lazy to dedicate any time to writing a post about her, so my discovery claim--obviously--cannot be staked. Boo to me. Let this be a lesson to you my lads and ladies, seize the day...even when the only thing it entails is writing about someone whose work you admire.

Not that coming late to the party diminishes any of this in any way. So, wolf eyebrows just featured Lucky in a delightful embroidery roundup. (Also included was the pure delight of Children Playing With Fire, which Catherine gushed over a couple months back.)

Basically this is what I'm embroidery lusting over:


Bill


Pee-Wee


Clean, simple lines juxtaposed with vibrant, energetic fabric choices. And personality for days and days. OK, let's be honest here, probably more like years and years. Lucky's blog documents 365 days of embroidered bliss--one creation for every day. And they're not all dreamy gents and funny men, but I think I'll let you discover that on your own.


Leonard


Paul


Johnny


Lucky's blog, which is--honestly--one of a handful of blogs that makes me grin ear-to-ear each time I check in (That's without fail, people.), can be found here.

You can also purchase several of her works (and even patterns) in her shop.

And view a zillion of her embroidery endeavors (including Ms. Amy Poehler!) on her flickr stream.

Still hankering for more? There's also a little video documenting the stitching of Iggy Pop.

I'm feeling a lot of giddy admiration right now, my friends, a lot of giddy admiration indeed.



3 comments:

  1. I am blushing and have the biggest grin! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I'm blushing and have the biggest grin. I think you're the bee's knees!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...