Sunday, September 25, 2011

Burgers, burgers, burgers.


I'm going to start this post off by letting everyone know that I am a vegetarian.  I don't enjoy burgers or beef or bacon. Nicholas loves burgers and anything burger related. He may or may not sometimes refer to himself as the Burger Baron. There might even be a "my life in burgers: the first quarter" post on his blog. It's not uncommon to find little meat photo surprises when I load the memory card--evidence below.





While I don't partake in the burger business, I did want to give Nick something near and dear to his heart for our 3 year anniversary. I decided to knit Nicholas a bacon burger. I still need to knit up some cheese.
A piece of yellow American cheese has been ordered.

You can knit this burger using scrap yarn.  Here are the yarns that I used for my burger creation.

If you're asking if I keep some of my knitting
needles in a Queen Elizabeth ceramic cup,
the answer is most certainly yes!


This is the finished product. 


I included 2 pieces of lettuce, a tomato, a slice of bacon, a dollop of mustard and one beef patty.
The great thing about this project is that you can customize it however you want. Nick has already requested additions for upcoming occasions. Maybe some grilled onions for Christmas! 

The pattern I used is available on etsy.

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...