Monday, March 19, 2012

Scratch-off travels

For St. Valentine's Day this year, I bought Nicholas a scratch-off map of the world. The idea being that you scratch-off all the countries that you've visited. You can find them different places, but I bought mine through Amazon.

Behold the world scratch map--all the fun from a scratch ticket, but no cash reward whatsoever.



Grab your coin ( Nick used a foreign one...how appropriate)!



Obviously you'll scratch off Iceland.


and Denmark and Sweden...

Japan and the UK...



...the US, Mexico, and Canada.


I picked up an inexpensive black frame from Target. I used some simple geometric wrapping paper as a background. 



 We haven't figured out exactly where to hang this yet, so for now, it's on top of a bookshelf.
As soon as Nicholas travels to another country, he'll just open up the back and scratch off a new country.
Each new destination is bold and bright against all the gold.



7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this map but I know myself and I couldn't resist scratching off more countries than I've been to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Carolyn. There was a moment when I wanted him to go crazy and scratch off everything! It also made us want to plan another vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHere did you buy the geometric wrapping paper?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent idea i like very much this article tips looking foreword for more..
    scratch off map usa
    Looking for maps? We've got them. We even have scratch off maps to show where you have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this great post. It is very enlightening. I absolutely love to read informative stuff. Looking forward to find out more and acquire further knowledge from here! Cheers! world travel scratch map

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I am using a scratch map which I bought earlier from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/SCRATCH-Original-Personalized-World-Poster/dp/B003NCIPS6. I must say scratch maps are best creation for travel lovers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...