Monday, March 19, 2012

Scratch-off travels

For St. Valentine's Day this year, I bought Nicholas a scratch-off map of the world. The idea being that you scratch-off all the countries that you've visited. You can find them different places, but I bought mine through Amazon.

Behold the world scratch map--all the fun from a scratch ticket, but no cash reward whatsoever.



Grab your coin ( Nick used a foreign one...how appropriate)!



Obviously you'll scratch off Iceland.


and Denmark and Sweden...

Japan and the UK...



...the US, Mexico, and Canada.


I picked up an inexpensive black frame from Target. I used some simple geometric wrapping paper as a background. 



 We haven't figured out exactly where to hang this yet, so for now, it's on top of a bookshelf.
As soon as Nicholas travels to another country, he'll just open up the back and scratch off a new country.
Each new destination is bold and bright against all the gold.



3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this map but I know myself and I couldn't resist scratching off more countries than I've been to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Carolyn. There was a moment when I wanted him to go crazy and scratch off everything! It also made us want to plan another vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...