Friday, December 23, 2011

You don't have to be 14 to be into nail art!

That's a fact. I did however learn how to stamp my nails by watching a 14-year-old girl give a tutorial on youtube. She was most helpful. About a month ago I purchased some nail plate kits on amazon. Don't ask. It just kind of happened. Anyway, when they arrived in the mail I realized I didn't know how to use them. I went to youtube and found out I had forgotten to order the stamper that goes along with the nail kit. Big mistake. So I went back and ordered that too. Now that I have all the pieces, I can show you how it works.

The finished product!

Let's start at the very beginning (God, now I just want to watch the sound of music).

In the beginning, there were plain nails.

You pick one color to use as the base or undercoat.

Then you pick a color that will stand out over the base coat.

I decided to pick a pattern from plate 212 (who cares really?)

Paint your undercoat color. Check.

Then you paint the design with the accent color.

You have to scrape off the excess from the pattern.

Then you take the stamp (that you surely remembered to order)
and pick up the pattern.

See, this is what it looks like. No get prepared to transfer it to your nailsssss.

It'll be really messy at first.

Keep on trucking.

After you repeat the above steps on every nail, you apply a generous top coat.

Then you're pretty much done. I wasn't wild about these two colors. They're a little boring-snore if you ask me. I've done a few others that I really like. Everyday I reapply the top coat. They last for about 5 days, which isn't bad in my opinion.

PS I think it's hard to photograph nails/fingers without it looking creepy.

STAMP YOUR NAILS!


2 comments:

  1. cute idea! i've never heard of anything like this before, but now i'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mackenzie, you should try it. The nice thing about the stamps is that you can go as crazy or subtle as fits your mood.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...